Monday, November 11, 2013

How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster

How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster explores the meaning between the lines and the symbols behind words. It gives the reader a backstage pass to the original intent of authors. I liked this book not only because I found it extremely interesting and informative, but also because it taught me to look more deeply into the books I had been reading. It was like a cheat code that gave me the inside story, one I’d had no access to before. Instead of glossing over a meal in a novel, I came to recognize it as a communion, because why else would an author take the time to include such an everyday activity into their story, unless it was symbolic!  I really enjoyed this book because now when I pick up a book I feel like a detective looking for clues! Definitely a worth-while read!

No comments:

Post a Comment