Can you run away
from your past? If you pretend something doesn’t exist, will it eventually
disappear? These are two challenges Trixie, her mother and her father suffer
throughout this book. This book
contains many different topics, such as rape victims, not belonging,
father-daughter relationships, peer pressure, social norms, Alaskan customs,
parenting, marriage, infidelity, guilt, murder, and forgiveness..
My favorite
character would have to be Trixie’s dad. He is a man with a dark past that he
likes to keep hidden. As a comic cartoonist, he fights against the norm and has
a part-time job as a stay-at-home-dad. He is Trixie’s main caretaker. He is the
one she runs to when she scrapes her knee or does poorly on an assignment. He
is the one she can count on. He is the most reliable, calmest person Trixie can
imagine. How could she know that in his past life he was the bad boy, the one
with a motorcycle and was always hitting on girls. Would she believe that his
past was full of violent gang fights and an alleged murder?
I believe that it
would be best if I didn’t give away to much about the plot line, simply because
this is a book that is full of secrets and mysteries. But I would recommend
this book without doubt. There is so much variety that is covered that I don’t
think there is anyway you wont like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment