Sunday, June 3, 2012

I too had a love story: by: Ravinder Singh

                               

This is a wonderful true love story: one I didn’t not expect to like. It may seem unusual; however I am not particularly fond of Indian authors or love stories. The author, who goes by Ravin, tells the story of a reunion with his best friends and how they happened to discuss marriage. They realized that nowadays everything is online, and decided to apply to one of the websites like Marriage.com. Ravin happens to contact Khushi, a sweet, bubbly, sentimental Indian girl. He instantly falls in love for her. They decide to get married but in India it isn’t that simple. Their families must approve of their relationship as well.  Will their love story have a happily ever after, or will it leave you sobbing for hours?

My favorite character was Neeru, Khushi’s younger sister. She is mischievous and bubbly just like her sister but she still hasn’t fallen in love. Innocently, she helps her sister sneak to meet her lover and she is always teasing them just like any younger sister would. Btu when the time comes, she is there to help.
                        I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a good cry. This book left me dazed for days, pondering about the ending. In fact, my cousin is planning to make a movie on it because he loved it so much. All of the characters resonated with me even to this day. It was written perfectly with so much emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment